Coping and Resilience During COVID-19
During these challenging times, we want you to know we are here to support you.
On this page you will find valuable tips, links, and resources to help support your well being.
- Tips for Practicing Self-Care
- CCPH Services and Workshops
- Recreation Center Resources and Workouts
- Remote Options to Support Your Mental Health Needs
Tips for Practicing Self-Care
Download a copy of this poster here.
UMass Amherst Center for Counseling and Psychological Services (CCPH)
CCPH is offering remote services, including groups and workshops - https://www.umass.edu/counseling/groups-and-workshops
Teletherapy is now more common than ever, and many insurance companies are waiving co-pays during the pandemic (contact your insurance company for iadditional nformation and local resources).
Psychology Today has a searchable directory of therapists offering teletherapy - https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/online-counseling
UMass Resources and Recreation Center Classes
- UMass Eight Dimensions of Wellbeing https://www.umass.edu/studentlife/bewellumass
- Live classes including Meditation, Boot Camp and Yoga https://www.imleagues.com/spa/fitness/7ad628a1bd2e4944b7adaa7d1c1741a3/home
- Daily Workout Challenges https://www.umass.edu/campusrec/workout-day
- Weekly Recipe https://www.umass.edu/campusrec/Recipe-of-the-Week
- Fitness Apps and Resources https://www.umass.edu/campusrec/fitness-resources
Additional Remote Options to Support Your Mental Health Needs
Online and Phone Support Mental Health Resources:
Modern Health is offering free online community support resources during COVID-19
Headspace is offering free meditations and other support resources
7Cups offers free online emotional support
NAMI has compiled a list of online and phone support options including peer and family support options
BIPOC clinicians in Western MA, download list here.
List of crisis and support phone numbers, you can also download this list here.
SAMHSA Behavioral Health Disaster Distress Hotline
Hampshire County Crisis Services
Greenfield / Franklin Crisis Services
Athol / North Quabbin
Open Weekdays 8am-8pm
Empower Center Includes Spanish speakers
Open 7 days 4:00-10:00pm
Call to Talk
Parental Stress Line Parents to Parents
Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Open M-F 4:00pm-Midnight, Sat 12-:00pm