IRB Approved Study Number:
Type of Subjects:
- Adults between 18 and 35 years of age who are native speakers of American English
- You must be right-handed and have normal hearing in both ears
- You must have normal vision or wear appropriate glasses/contact lenses
- You cannot have a history of language disorder or neurological and
- You should not have taken psychoactive medication in the two weeks prior
to the appointment
What will you be asked to do?
You would come to the lab in Tobin Hall for a one-time visit. During your
visit in the lab, you will be asked to rate whether short English phrases
were pronounced correctly. While you are listening, your brainwaves (EEG)
will be recorded by a cap of electrodes that will be placed on your head.
What Covid measures are implemented?
All personnel has volunteered to wear masks and currently only appointments
for participants willing to wear doubled surgical masks are open.
How would you be compensated?
You would receive $12 per hour, rounded to the nearest half of an hour. The
session is between 2.5-3.5 hrs, so you can get up to $42.
Please leave a message for Bella Cerulle at (413) 461-0299 or email