We only sign students into the major during fall and spring semesters (not during summer or winter).
Please do not wait until your registration period for an upcoming semester to declare your major; classes fill quickly and you will not be allowed to register until your major is officially changed.
Unsure about Whether you Want to Declare? Visit Us in Drop-In Advising: Drop-In Advising is open from the first day of classes until the last day of classes in fall and spring semesters.
You can join us for same day advising. We offer drop-in advising Monday - Friday 10:00-3:00 in Tobin Hall Room 501
Ready to Declare? Appointments to declare the major are ONLY open during fall and spring semesters (not summer or winter). Appointments can be made via Navigate
- Tuesday 1PM-6PM
- Thursday 12PM-5PM
How to make a DECLARATION OF MAJOR appointment:
- Go to Navigate: https://umass.campus.eab.com/
- Login using your NetID & Password
- Select "Advising"
Select "Explore how to Declare or Change my Major"
• Select one option: 1. "Psych – Declare General Psychology Major", 2. "Psych – Declare Neuroscience Track"
- Select the location: "Psych & Brain Sciences" (select this option even though the meeting may be remote)
- Select your date and time
- REMINDERS: You must schedule at least 24 hours in advance and you can schedule up to 28 days into the future.
- Download instructions for non-majors here.
When you meet with an advisor, you will review the declaration of major form.
Declaring the Neuroscience Track
If you would like to join the Neuroscience track, in addition to declaring the BS in Psych as your major, you must sign in with one of the Neuroscience advisors (and you must have a 3.0 GPA). You can find their hours here.