Join our Peer Mentoring Program!
SPACE: Supporting Peer Academic Commitment and Excellence
Want to make some new friends and have some fun? Apply to be part of our departmental mentoring program!
We are looking for exceptional senior and junior psychology students as mentors and freshman/sophomore psychology majors as mentees.
Research has shown that positive social networks and academic connections increase student retention and student success.
Be a part of a wonderful program and have some fun!
Learn things about campus that you never knew!
Earn a place on your resume!
To apply to join the program, please complete the application here.
You will register for a 2-credit course, Psych 297S, and be expected to engage in mentoring activities every week.
- Meet weekly for a faculty-led mentoring session on Mondays from 4:00-5:00.
- Placed into Mentoring Teams consisting of a mentee and a mentor
- Engage in 2 additional hours of mentoring activities each week, including social and academic activities.
- Complete a brief report on your activities each week.
- Library Scavenger Hunt
- Exploring Campus Resources
- Campus Selfie Race
- Student Presentations
- Campus Center and Student Union Challenge
If you have any questions, please contact Professor Metevier at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete your application now, click here!