- SONA opens - September 6, 2022
- Last day studies run - December 12, 2022 at 11:59 pm
- Last day to make credit corrections - December 17, 2022 at 4:00 pm
- Long prescreen for credit runs - September 6, 2022 - September 23, 2022 at 4:00 pm
- Go to http://umasspsych.sona-systems.com
- Register for a new account or log into your old one.
- Use your @umass.edu email for your SONA email account, if you have one.
- Select the course(s) you are taking this semester (to select more than one, hold down the ctrl key). Pay attention, some instructors teach more than one course and some courses are taught by more than one instructor.
- The SONA System will send an email including your password and user information. If it does not show up in the inbox, check the SPAM folder.
- Log in to the system.
- Upon 1st sign in, there will be a short, mandatory, no credit demographic survey.
- Go to My Profile and change the password.
- Review available studies and sign up.
- SONA will send email reminders of upcoming studies.
- Please keep scheduled appointments for experiments that occur at a specific time, whether online or in person, or cancel 24 hours in advance, or in case of emergencies, as soon as possible. 3 unexcused no-shows in a semester will result in a lock out of the system.
- Earning extra credit through Human Subject Studies is a privilege. If you incur 3 unexcused no- shows in a semester, you will lose the credits you earned and the ability to participate in other studies that semester.
If you are unable or do not wish to participate in research studies, there are other ways to earn extra credit. Check your syllabus or speak with your instructor to find out about these opportunities.
**Please Note** Long Prescreen Information:
At the beginning of each semester, a long prescreen study is available on SONA for credit to participants. This semester it is available between September 6th and September 23rd. Once this period has ended, the prescreen study cannot be reopened. The “Long Prescreen Fall 2022” study allows those who complete it to be eligible for a broader array of studies. This study is optional. To participate, you must sign up for it as you would any other study. Once you do, a confirmation email will be sent. Please retain this email until the credits have been granted. There are no credits for the shorter, mandatory, demographic questionnaire you take upon SONA signup. The SONA system calls it a prescreen, but it is not the one that earns credit.